How to configure Enterprise vault to work with SSL.Enterprise vault virtual directory must be configured with suitable certificate on EV server in case ofOWA 2013 webapp to function correctly. But we do not have to set EV to use HTTPS at site level forOWA. If customer requires entire EV web communication to work on SSL, then we must set site settingsto use HTTPS.NoteFollowing steps must be performed in order to generate wild card certificate from internal Certificateauthority. Steps below are not design for production use. Customer should decide by themselves theircertificate configuration.1. Install Internal Certificate authority in any of you local domain server.2. Open server manager. Add Roles, Select “Active Directory Certificate Services”.
3. Click on Next & in next window select “Role Services” & check on “Certification Authority” &“Certification Authority web enrollment”4. Once it installed successfully, Certificate web should be accessible (example http://SERVER1/Certsrv).Click on ‘Request a certificate’.5. On Enterprise vault server, launch IIS. Click on the machine name and select Create CertificateRequest from right panel.
6. In the certificate Common Name, enter the FQDN of your EV server (for wild card certificate use*.domain.local) and save the request to your local drive (C:\ for example).
7. Open the saved request. You need to copy and paste the content later.
8. Launch https://server1/certsrv, and click Request a certificate.9. Click on advanced certificate request.
10. Click on submit a certificate request .
11. Copy the content of certificate request to the field and select Web Server as certificate template andclick Submit
12. Click Download certificate, download the certificate and save to your local drive (c:\ for example).
13. Go to IIS again on the Enterprise Vault server, and click Complete Certificate Request. Then browseto the location where you saved the downloaded certificate, and provide a friendly name (any name),then click OK
14. Restart IIS on EV server, then access EV URL once again with https.15. Once certificate installed successfully then users can open SSL enabled EV web app URL withoutcertificate warning.
Additional References.How SSL works https://www.symantec.com/page.jsp?id how-ssl-works
6. In the certificate Common Name, enter the FQDN of your EV server (for wild card certificate use *.domain.local) and save the request to your local drive (C:\ for example).